The Facilities for Medicare and Medicaid Solutions nowadays launched a Medicaid Informational Bulletin that identifies flexibility that can improve reimbursement for nursing houses during the COVID-19 general public wellbeing crisis.
The flexibilities have been designed offered to “enhance payment” for nursing houses that have implemented an infection control techniques, this sort of as the development of an isolation wing for COVID-19 individuals.
What is actually THE Effect: FOR STATES
For point out nursing houses, flexibilities involve:
- For each diem greenback or share boosts to existing foundation prices
- Building new payment methodologies for amenities performing as isolation centers
- Modifying charge-location strategies
- Removing some payment penalties
- Enabling for specialised payment changes
- Building new or modifying existing supplemental payments
- Rising payment prices for mattress maintain days
“States can improve payments to figure out extra expenditures incurred in providing Medicaid solutions, together with extra labor expenditures and supply expenditures this sort of as expenditures