No EntryPoverty ReductionNov 2021
The procedures to pick out security net beneficiaries are the subject of recurrent debates. Focusing on assessments usually aim on effectiveness by documenting the pre-method profile of picked beneficiaries. This examine gives a additional extensive evaluation of concentrating on effectiveness by an experiment embedded in a national money transfer method in Niger. Qualified villages were randomly assigned to have beneficiary households picked by local community-primarily based concentrating on (CBT), proxy-signifies screening (PMT), or a system to identify the food items-insecure (FCS). The examine considers concentrating on legitimacy and the affect of concentrating on selection on method usefulness primarily based on info collected right after method roll-out. PMT is additional efficient in determining households with decreased usage for every capita. Nonbeneficiaries discover system-primarily based procedures (PMT and FCS) additional authentic than CBT. Manipulation and details imperfections have an impact on CBT, which can explain why it is not the most authentic. Plan impacts on some welfare proportions are bigger amongst households picked by PMT than CBT.
- 2012. “Focusing on the Poor: Proof from a Discipline Experiment in Indonesia.” American Financial Evaluation 102 (four): 1206–40. CrossrefGoogle Scholar.
- 2019. “Does Elite Capture Issue? Area Elites and Qualified Welfare Packages in Indonesia.” AEA Papers and Proceedings 109: 334–39. CrossrefGoogle Scholar.
- 2016a. “Network Framework and the Aggregation of Info: Concept and Proof from Indonesia.” American Financial Evaluation 106 (seven): 1663–704. CrossrefGoogle Scholar.
- 2016b. “Self-Focusing on: Proof from a Discipline Experiment in Indonesia.” Journal of Political Financial system 124 (two): 371–427. CrossrefGoogle Scholar.
- 2018. “Finding the Poor vs. Measuring Their Poverty: Discovering the Motorists of Focusing on Efficiency in Indonesia.” World Lender Financial Evaluation 33 (three): 573–97. LinkGoogle Scholar.
- 2019. “Universal Fundamental Earnings in the Acquiring World.” Once-a-year Evaluation of Economics 11 (1): 959–83. CrossrefGoogle Scholar.
- 2000. “Capture and Governance at Area and National Levels.” American Financial Evaluation 90 (two): 135–39. CrossrefGoogle Scholar.
- 2019. “Decentralization and Effectiveness of Subsidy Focusing on: Proof from Chiefs in Rural Malawi.” Journal of General public Economics 185: 1–25. Google Scholar.
- 2020. “Meals Security Measures in Sub-Saharan Africa. A Validation of the LSMS-ISA Scale.” Journal of African Economies 29 (1): 90–120. Google Scholar.
- 2019. “Promoting Effective Inclusion and Resilience amongst the Poor: Multi-nation RCT of the Sahel Adaptive Social Protection Plan.” AEA RCT Registry. Google Scholar.
- 2018. “A Poor Usually means Examination? Econometric Focusing on in Africa.” Journal of Development Economics 134: 109–24. CrossrefGoogle Scholar.
- 2014. “Validity and Reliability of Meals Security Measures.” Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences 1331 (1): 230–48. CrossrefGoogle Scholar.
- 2004a. Focusing on of Transfers in Acquiring Nations: Evaluation of Classes and Encounter. Vol. 1. Washington, DC: World Lender Publications. LinkGoogle Scholar.
- 2004b. “Focusing on Outcomes Redux.” World Lender Exploration Observer 19 (1): 61–85. LinkGoogle Scholar.
- 2004. “On the Focusing on and Redistributive Efficiencies of Option Transfer Devices.” Evaluation of Earnings and Prosperity fifty (1): 11–27. CrossrefGoogle Scholar.
- 2002. “Local community-Primarily based Focusing on Mechanisms for Social Basic safety Nets: A Crucial Evaluation.” World Development 30 (three): 375–94. CrossrefGoogle Scholar.
- 2015. Basic safety Nets in Africa: Powerful Mechanisms to Arrive at the Poor and Most Susceptible. Washington, DC: World Lender and Agence Française de Développement. LinkGoogle Scholar.
- 2017. “The Focusing on Efficiency of Social Transfers.” Journal of Development Efficiency 9 (two): 162–211. CrossrefGoogle Scholar.
- 2020. Discovering Universal Fundamental Earnings: A Information to Navigating Principles, Proof, and Techniques. Washington, DC: World Lender. LinkGoogle Scholar.
- 1995. “Proxy Usually means Exams for Focusing on Social Packages.” Functioning Paper 118, Residing Criteria Measurement Study, World Lender. Washington, DC, Usa. LinkGoogle Scholar.
- 2018. “Universal Fundamental Incomes versus Qualified Transfers: Anti-Poverty Packages in Acquiring Nations.” Journal of Financial Views 32 (four): 201–26. CrossrefGoogle Scholar.
- 2019. “Focusing on Extremely-very poor Households in Honduras and Peru.” World Lender Financial Evaluation 33 (1): 63–94. LinkGoogle Scholar.
- 2016. “How Narrowly Should really Anti-poverty Packages Be Qualified? Simulation Proof from Bolivia and Indonesia.” Discussion Paper Series No. 213, Göttingen College. Göttingen, Germany. Google Scholar.
- 2016. “Retooling Poverty Focusing on Applying Out-of-Sample Validation and Machine Mastering.” World Lender Financial Evaluation 32 (three): 531–50. Google Scholar.
- 2013. “Local community-Primarily based Focusing on in the Social Protection Sector.” Functioning Paper No. 514, Abroad Development Institute, London, British isles. Google Scholar
- 2012. “Outside of Baseline and Adhere to-Up: The Circumstance for Far more T in Experiments.” Journal of Development Economics 99 (two): 210–21. CrossrefGoogle Scholar
- 2012. “Who is Vouching for the Enter Voucher? Decentralized Focusing on and Elite Capture in Tanzania.” World Development 40 (eight): 1619–33. CrossrefGoogle Scholar.
- 2020. “Behavioral Transform Advertising, Income Transfers and Early Childhood Development, Experimental Proof from a Federal government Plan in a Lower-cash flow Placing.” World Lender Coverage Exploration Functioning Paper No. 9368, World Lender: Washington, DC, Usa. LinkGoogle Scholar.
- 1995. “Is Focusing on As a result of a Operate Necessity Successful? Some Proof for Rural India.” In General public Shelling out and the Poor: Concept and Proof. Edited by Dominique van de Walle and Kimberly Nead, 413–44. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins College Press. Google Scholar.
- 2009. “How Suitable is Focusing on to the Accomplishment of an Antipoverty Plan?” World Lender Exploration Observer 24 (two): 205–31. LinkGoogle Scholar.
- 2019. “How to Focus on Households in Adaptive Social Protection Techniques? Proof from Humanitarian and Development Methods in Niger.” Journal of Development Scientific tests 55 (sup1): 75–90. CrossrefGoogle Scholar.
- 2016. “Reaching the Poor: Income Transfer Plan Focusing on in Cameroon.” World Development eighty three: 244–63. CrossrefGoogle Scholar.
- 2020. “Poor Households’ Effective Investments of Income Transfers: Quasi-Experimental Proof from Niger.” Journal of African Economies 29 (1): 63–89. Google Scholar.
- 2009. “Validating the World Meals Programme’s Meals Intake Score and Option Indicators of Household Meals Security.” Discussion Paper 00870, Global Meals Coverage Exploration Institute, Washington, DC, Usa. Google Scholar.
World Lender. 2011. “Niger Basic safety Internet Challenge, Challenge Appraisal Doc.” World Lender, Washington, DC, Usa. Google Scholar World Lender. 2017. “Republic of Niger. Priorities for Ending Poverty and Boosting Shared Prosperity. Systematic State Diagnostic.” World Lender, Washington, DC, Usa. LinkGoogle Scholar World Meals Programme. 2008. “Food Intake Evaluation: Calculation and Use of the Meals Intake Score in Meals Intake and Meals Security Evaluation.” Technical Advice Sheet, Rome. Google Scholar
- 1998. “Nonparametric Regression Methods in Economics.” Journal of Financial Literature 36 (two): 669–721. Google Scholar.